Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I had a pie crust to use and some black beans, so came up with this recipe. Be sure to use the Mexican style fresh chorizo, not the Spanish smoked & cured variety.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Roll out pie crust and place in pie plate; set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high and saute chorizo, breaking into smaller chunks, for 4-5 minutes or until mostly cooked through. Add onion and cook until onion is soft and chorizo is cooked all the way through. Stir in beans.
- Place cheese in crust then add onion, chorizo & bean mixture.
- Beat eggs and milk together until slightly foamy then add salt and pepper. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake until brown and puffed, about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.