Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chef Coby Arzola punches up this creamy cheese dip with chorizo and jalapeno. Stays warm in a fondue pot or crock pot and tastes great with Garlic Tortilla Chips.
- 1 chorizo sausage, a 4 ounce link
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese, about 2 cups
- 1 (8 ounce) package chive & onion cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved, seeded and diced
- Remove casing from chorizo. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble chorizo into skillet; cook, stirring frequently and using a spoon to break up lumps, until sausage is well-browned, about 5 minutes. Remove sausage to paper towels to drain.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine Mexican cheese, cream cheese and milk. Microwave at Medium (50% power) stirring every minute until melted and hot, 6 to 8 minutes. Alternatively, you can prepare in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring constantly, but melting time may differ.
- Stir in chorizo, tomato, green onion and jalapeno. Place in fondue pot or slow cooker to keep warm. Serve with garlic tortilla chips.