I have not tried this recipe. I got it from eHow.com .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 limes
- 2 large avocados, pitted and the flesh scooped out
- sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon canola oil (depending on the dryness of the chorizo)
- 1 jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, the dry Mexican or 1 lb spanish chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 1Cut the limes in half and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- 2Mash the avocado with the lime juice using the back of a fork until fairly smooth.
- 3Stir in the onion, salt, garlic and, for extra spiciness, cumin and jalapeno.
- 4Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Saute the chorizo until it turns a slightly darker color and becomes slightly crispy.
- 6Drain the chorizo on a plate lined with paper towels, to remove excess grease, and keep warm.
- 7Set a cast-iron griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- 8Place a tortilla on the pan and cover half of it with cheese.
- 9Sprinkle the chorizo evenly over the cheese and fold over half of the tortilla. Let the tortilla get crispy and brown in spots on one side and then flip it over to brown the other side.
- 10Cut into triangles, top with the avocado mixture and optional sour cream, and serve.
- 11Tips & Warnings.
- 12You can easily heat these quesadillas in the oven by placing the stuffed, folded tortillas on a baking sheet at 400 degrees until both sides are slightly browned and crispy.
- 13Dry chorizo can be sliced, unlike the fresh crumbly kind.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1484.9
- Calories from Fat 739
- Total Fat 82.1 g
- Saturated Fat 31.4 g
- Cholesterol 134.0 mg
- Sodium 2796.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 57.5 g