Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I use my (Chorizo- Veggie Version Included!) recipe for this but packaged chorizo or even left over taco meat will work great in this. All measurements are approximate and you should adjust according to your tastes and what you have on hand.
- Mix everything but the tortillas together in a large bowl.
- heat oil or butter in a large pan.
- spread a thin layer of bean mixture over half of tortilla.
- fold in half and brown on each side.
- cut into wedges.
- we really like this served with (Recipe #161522) on the side.
Skipped the mayo. Just couldn`t put it in! And sure didn`t need all the fat! Skipped the salt. rinsed the red beans that I used and mashed them some. I did use habanero cheese for a nice kick.
These were good! I liked the flavor of the filling a lot. I had never had chorizo before but I really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting this recipe. Made for "PRMR" Tag.
The filling is smooth and sustaining. Of course I apparently just had to do it the hard way--I cooked dried pinto beans, using Refried Beans (which IS excellent)! The mayonnaise smooths the flavors --actually, more than I would have preferred. Next time I think I'll pass on adding it. Also I didn't add extra salt since the beans recipe I used has plenty. Nice recipe.