Recipe by Mexi-Rosie
This is a very common and frequent light supper or breakfast dish in Mexico. Chorizo and potatoes make a flavorful combination.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Loved this as an out-of-the-ordinary tostada topping. The potatoes are a great addition. I used homemade chorizo Recipe #211024 (half-recipe). I didn't have avocado, so I added diced tomato instead.
- 24 ready to use tostadas
- 2 medium potatoes, already cooked and diced in small cubes
- 2 links mexican chorizo sausage or 2 links spanish chorizo sausage
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup queso fresco, crumbled (Mexican fresh cheese)
- 1 peeled avocado, sliced
- favorite chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pan fry chorizo until it changes color and gives off some of its oil.
- Add cubed potato and continue sauteeing until potato absorbs chorizo color and flavor.
- Place a portion of this on each tostada.
- Top it with shredded lettuce, crumbled cheese and avocado slices.
- Season with salt to taste and your favorite chile salsa.