Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a hearty meal, i double to have leftovers & serve with a nice green salad. Recipe from Canadian Living March 2001.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 -2 onion, chopped (to your liking)
- 1 cooked chorizo sausage, casing removed,&,diced
- 2 red potatoes, peeled &,diced
- 1 cup salsa (homemade best)
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Cook onions& sausage in oil, in a skillet on medium-high heat for 5-7 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced potatoes, cook for 5 mins or until golden, increase time by 7-10 mins if required.
- Stir in salsa, corn, chopped coriander& salt.
- Spoon 1 cup onto half of each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, fold uncovered half over filling half.
- Bake in oven at 350 until cheese melted or in skillet for a few mins on each side (i use oven).
awesome recipe, added some fresh cilantro, sour cream, and guac - otherwise din't change a thing. Got my chorizo from a mexican grocery.
Really tasty recipe though I do think a lot would depend on the chorizo sausages you had. I had particularly good ones so this turned out really well. It is so simple to do and I will do this again. I followed the recipe exactly and can't this of anything that would make it better.