Use left-over baked potates for this tasty snack or appetizer. Don't overfill the quesadillas--they aren't tacos!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces mexican chorizo sausages (about 3)
- 1/2 lb potato, cooked and cut into small cubes
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, roughly chopped,to taste
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 12 flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- sour cream, to garnish
- salsa, to garnish
- 1Remove skin from sausages and crumble into small skillet.
- 2Cook over low heat until fat renders, taking care to avoid burning--about 5 minutes.
- 3Drain off all but 3 tablespoons fat.
- 4Add potatoes, chiles and salt.
- 5Cook over medium heat, stirring from time to time,until potatoes begin to brown--about 8 minutes.
- 6Brush one side of tortilla sparingly with butter.
- 7Place on medium-hot flat griddle pan.
- 8Spread with about 1/4 cup of filling and sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons of cheese.
- 9Top with second tortilla.
- 10Brush top with butter.
- 11When bottom begins to brown, flip over and cook the other side until cheese is melted.
- 12Slip it onto a plate, slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo-Potato Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.7
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.8 mg
- Sodium 626.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo