Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Use left-over baked potates for this tasty snack or appetizer. Don't overfill the quesadillas--they aren't tacos!
- 6 ounces mexican chorizo sausages (about 3)
- 1⁄2 lb potato, cooked and cut into small cubes
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, roughly chopped,to taste
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 12 flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- sour cream, to garnish
- salsa, to garnish
- Remove skin from sausages and crumble into small skillet.
- Cook over low heat until fat renders, taking care to avoid burning--about 5 minutes.
- Drain off all but 3 tablespoons fat.
- Add potatoes, chiles and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring from time to time,until potatoes begin to brown--about 8 minutes.
- Brush one side of tortilla sparingly with butter.
- Place on medium-hot flat griddle pan.
- Spread with about 1/4 cup of filling and sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Top with second tortilla.
- Brush top with butter.
- When bottom begins to brown, flip over and cook the other side until cheese is melted.
- Slip it onto a plate, slice and serve.
Delicious!! We loved this flavorful and spicy meal. I ended up using thawed shredded hash browns, which might have changed the texture slightly, but was still great! We topped with the sour cream and also diced tomato and chopped cilantro. Wonderful recipe and very easy - thank you so much!!
Sharlene,Your Chorizo-potato Quesadillas were spicy and delicious! I made my own chorizo sausage Chorizo Sausage by Julesong.You are a good cook.good directions.