Recipe by kklamon
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Spicy, salty, warm, and satisfying breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 lb ground mexican chorizo sausage
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a large non-stick ovenproof sauté pan, over medium heat, add the oil.
- Add the Chorizo to a 12- inch non-stick skillet until browned and cooked through; Remove Chorizo to a plate and set aside.
- Add the oil to the pan and add one package Simply Potatoes® Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes to skillet. Season with Salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are browned and the onions are soft.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return Chorizo to the pan. Using the back of a spoon, lightly press the chorizo/potato mixture over the bottom of the pan. Pour in the egg mixture.Top with cheese
- Place in the oven and bake until the center is firm to the touch, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and cool slightly. Slice into individual servings and place on serving plates.