Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
When plain chorizo just won't do. A Rick Bayless recipe
Make and share this Chorizo, Potato, and Mushroom Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 340.19 g chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium white onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 170.09 g shiitake mushrooms (stemmed and sliced-1/2-inch thick, about 2 cups)
- 340.19 g yukon gold potatoes or 340.19 g red potatoes, coarsely grated
- 118.29 ml loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- roasted tomatillo salsa
- Crumble chorizo in a large nonstick skillet and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until sausage is half cooked.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add onion and mushrooms; continue to cook, stirring almost constantly, for about 3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Sprinkle potatoes into skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Season to taste with salt. Transfer mixture into a bowl and top with cilantro. Serve in tortillas with Roasted Tomatillo Salsa.
Made a few changes worth sharing - I substituted sweet potatoes for regular since that's what I had on hand and added guacamole. It was a delicious meal and in the future I would continue to make them with sweet potatoes as their sweetness balanced out the chorizo & salsa's spiciness.
Quick, easy, and very tasty. The kids loved them. The perfect recipe to have in your back pocket for the Saturday night TV snack.
I was going to post this recipe myself but seeing as how it was already posted I will review it instead. These are WONDERFUL taco's. I had no idea that chorizo, potato's & mushrooms even went together, but they do! I did cheat and used frozen grated potatoes, which I thawed, put in a towel, and squeezed excess water from. I froze the leftovers which lasted a couple weeks in the freezer and still tasted great when thawed & eaten.