When plain chorizo just won't do. A Rick Bayless recipe
Make and share this Chorizo, Potato, and Mushroom Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium white onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms (stemmed and sliced-1/2-inch thick, about 2 cups)
- 12 ounces yukon gold potatoes or 12 ounces red potatoes, coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- roasted tomatillo salsa
- Crumble chorizo in a large nonstick skillet and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until sausage is half cooked.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add onion and mushrooms; continue to cook, stirring almost constantly, for about 3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Sprinkle potatoes into skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Season to taste with salt. Transfer mixture into a bowl and top with cilantro. Serve in tortillas with Roasted Tomatillo Salsa.