Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I LOVE chorizo so when i came across this recipe, i just had to post it on zaar for safe-keeping!
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage
- 1 cup fresh chunky salsa (with corn and beans)
- cooking spray
- 4 (7 -8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- lime wedge
- Preheat broiler.
- In large skillet crumble and cook chorizo over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain in colander.
- In small saucepan, heat salsa over medium heat until heated through.
- Lightly coat large baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange tortillas, two at a time, on baking sheet. Top each with equal amounts of cheese. Broil 3-4 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top each pizza with equal amounts of the warm salsa, cooked chorizo, avocado, green onions, and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges and enjoy this south of the border treat! :D.
Wonderful! This was full of flavour. DH made this and used some salsa that we bought back from the Cape Verde islands recently.. by itself the salsa wasn't up to much but with this it went perfectly ! The chorizo is a must as it gives unexpected hits of flavour and compliments the rest wonderfully. Please see my rating system: 4 excellent stars for a recipe that we will be repeating often because it tastes so good and is fast to make on a busy weekday evening. Thanks!