Chorizo sausage jumpstarts the taste of this pasta and bean salad. If you can't find chorizo, use spicy Italian sausage. Recipe by David Joachim, "Relish Entertaining," September 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml small shell pasta
- 340.19 g chorizo sausage, casings removed (Mexican-style, the kind you can crumble)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar or 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml salsa, fresh is preferred but you can use prepared
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml poblano chiles or 118.29 ml anaheim chili, chopped
- 473.18 ml canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 59.14 ml queso fresco, crumbled
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- 2Crumble chorizo into small skillet and cook over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until browned, breaking up meat into small chunks with a spoon.
- 3Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 4Put vinegar in a medium serving bowl.
- 5Whisk in oil in a steady stream until incorporated.
- 6Stir in salsa, bell pepper, poblano chile, beans, cilantro, chorizo-garlic mixture and cooked pasta.
- 7Chill until serving.
- 8Top with queso fresco and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.5
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 855.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar