Recipe by Kagemi
Very tasty and robust soup. You may use your choice of sausage if you don't like or can't find Chorizo. I have even used kielbasa. For the softer sausages like Chorizo break it up into crumbles as you cook it. For the denser ones cut into small pieces. Which ever you use remove the casings. I sometimes leave out the cilantro and it still tastes great!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 -8 ounces chorizo sausage (casing removed)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can navy beans
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mushroom (optional)
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute sausage and onions until onions are limp, then add garlic and mushrooms (if used) and cook until sausage is lightly browned.
- Stir in paprika and cook just for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth and beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cilantro and parsley just before serving.