1/1 Photo of Chorizo Hash With Peppers and Paprika
My husband decided to cook for me the other night and found this wonderful recipe by Delia Smith. It is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice onion in half and then each half needs to be sliced as thinly as possible.
- 2Halve and deeseed the pepper, chop into 1cm pieces.
- 3Peel skin off chorizo and cut into pieces roughly the same size as the pepper.
- 4Wash the potatoes and chop into 1cm cubes, leaving the skin on. Boil these for 5 minutes, drain in a colander and cover with a clean cloth to absorb the steam.
- 5Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan, when hot add the onion, pepper and garlic and cook for about 6 mins until softened and tinged brown.
- 6Push onion mix to one side of pan and add chorizo, keeping heat fairly high cook for about 2 mins till nicely browned.
- 7Add paprika and stir everything together then transfer this mix to a plate.
- 8Add another table spoon of the oil to the pan and add the potatoes and seasoning. Toss them around in the hot pan for about 3 mins until they begin to crisp and brown.
- 9Return the chorizon mix to the pan and, using a pan slice, keep turning the mixture over. Cook for 5-6 minutes until brown and crispy. Turn down heat and keep warm.
- 10In another pan fry eggs in remaining oil.
- 11Serve hash divided between two warm plates with a fried egg on top of each. Eat with crusty bread and tomato ketchup!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Hash With Peppers and Paprika
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.0
- Calories from Fat 549
- Total Fat 61.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 277.5 mg
- Sodium 1008.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 28.3 g