Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love this Mexican breakfast! It's spicy, it's juicy, it's savory!
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded potatoes or 2 cups store-bought hash browns
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 cup ground chorizo sausage, browned
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomatoes
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- tortillas or toast
- Preheat flat grill or a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the vegetable oil, potatoes, diced onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, if using, and.
- chorizo. Mix together slightly. Cook for 4 to 8 minutes, flipping once. Add the tomato and eggs. Mix together and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, flipping over once. Add cheese and cook until slightly melted. Mix hash together to distribute cheese and tomatoes throughout.
- Serve with toast or tortillas.
Great recipe JustLauren, I was looking for something for some Chorizo my DH bought and this was perfect. Loved how easy it went together in just one pan, and the taste was perfect. I prepared it exactly as directed and it was great. Served on warm tortilla and topped with cheddar cheese, salsa and cream cheese - YUM!! Thanks for a great breaksfast.