Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chorizo is a spicy Mexican sausage that can be found in most grocery stores in the West or Southwest. We had this for breakfast at our best friends' home, Forrest. It was wonderful, as usual! He always spoils us when we stay overnight.
- 1 large baking potato, like Russets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese or 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, removed from casing and crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- Put potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Boil for 4 minutes or until tender; drain and cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper; add 1/4 cup cheese and set aside.
- In a large non-stick, broiler-proof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat;.
- Add sausage and cook, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and bell pepper and saute until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes to the pan and continue to cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in egg mixture and mix well.
- Cover, reduce heat to low; cook until the eggs are almost set, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle frittata with remaining cheese.
- Place frittata under the broiler and cook until top is set and starts to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Place a large serving plate over the pan, and carefully invert to turn out the frittata or serve right from the pan.
Excellent recipe!! We are big fans of chorizo and eggs, so this was right up our ally. Loved the way this cooked up and so easy. A couple questions....how much garlic and oil? I did enough oil to cover the pan and one clove of minced garlic and it turned out fine. I also microwaved the potato and diced/peeled it to save time and it turned out great. This would be great with some tortillas on the side :) Thanks for the great recipe!!