"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
Chorizo is a spicy Mexican sausage that can be found in most grocery stores in the West or Southwest. We had this for breakfast at our best friends' home, Forrest. It was wonderful, as usual! He always spoils us when we stay overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large baking potato, like Russets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese or 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage, removed from casing and crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1Put potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water.
- 2Boil for 4 minutes or until tender; drain and cool slightly.
- 3In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper; add 1/4 cup cheese and set aside.
- 4In a large non-stick, broiler-proof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat;.
- 5Add sausage and cook, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes.
- 6Add onion, garlic and bell pepper and saute until soft, about 4 minutes.
- 7Add potatoes to the pan and continue to cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- 8Stir in egg mixture and mix well.
- 9Cover, reduce heat to low; cook until the eggs are almost set, about 10 minutes.
- 10Preheat broiler.
- 11Sprinkle frittata with remaining cheese.
- 12Place frittata under the broiler and cook until top is set and starts to brown, about 3 minutes.
- 13Place a large serving plate over the pan, and carefully invert to turn out the frittata or serve right from the pan.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.0
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 367.1 mg
- Sodium 1102.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 25.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: