Recipe by 911spatcher
These are a favorite treat of mine. My work friend makes them sometimes and brings them in for me. She finally shared method/recipe with me
- 5 -6 potatoes (or more depending on size)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 celery rib, diced (optional)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 5 ounces chorizo sausage (one pkg mexican chorizo)
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potatoes into squares, the smaller the better.
- Heat pan and add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan, add the potatoes, onion, peppers and celery and cook on med low heat with a lid. Let potatoes cook for a few then stir. Replace lid and let cook for a few more minutes. You want your potatoes to start to get soft and cook all the way through.
- After they are cooked, turn up the heat and fry to desired texture -- I like mine on the crispy side.
- Move the potatoes to the edges of the pan and add the chorizo to the pan. Turn up the heat to med-high. The chorizo will start to disolved and melt into a chunky sauce. Stir with the potatoes and cook for a few minutes longer to make sure the chorizo is cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve!