1/1 Photo of Chorizo Enchiladas
1 hr 15 mins
These are faily quick and easy to make. I like a dollop of sour cream on mine, but Andy prefers salsa! Add a side of sweet corn and a green salad et voila! A dinner worthy of guests!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g chorizo sausage (mild)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese (grated)
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1.Remove sausages from casings. Finely chop jalapeno pepper. Dice green pepper.
- 2Fry sausages and peppers until peppers are limp and meat is thoroughly cooked. You may add 1/2 cup of water and cook on medium until water has evaporated.
- 3Take a tortilla, cover 2/3 of it lightly with the shredded mozerella cheese, then roll up the tortilla and place it in the casserole pan. Continue until all tortillas are filled and rolled.
- 4In a small saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Cover with Red Enchilada sauce, making sure each enchilada is thoroughly coated. Cover the whole casserole with grated cheddar cheese. Put the casserole in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese melts and the sauce is bubbling.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1493.4
- Calories from Fat 700
- Total Fat 77.7 g
- Saturated Fat 30.3 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 4017.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 63.4 g