These are faily quick and easy to make. I like a dollop of sour cream on mine, but Andy prefers salsa! Add a side of sweet corn and a green salad et voila! A dinner worthy of guests!
- 1 lb chorizo sausage (mild)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- .Remove sausages from casings. Finely chop jalapeno pepper. Dice green pepper.
- Fry sausages and peppers until peppers are limp and meat is thoroughly cooked. You may add 1/2 cup of water and cook on medium until water has evaporated.
- Take a tortilla, cover 2/3 of it lightly with the shredded mozerella cheese, then roll up the tortilla and place it in the casserole pan. Continue until all tortillas are filled and rolled.
- In a small saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cover with Red Enchilada sauce, making sure each enchilada is thoroughly coated. Cover the whole casserole with grated cheddar cheese. Put the casserole in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese melts and the sauce is bubbling.