Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This I made with for unexpected company! A Cajun style quiche with a spicy kick and a delicate hint of crabmeat. To make as an Appetizers pour into a buttered 9x13 and bake 350 for 30 minutes and cut into small squares.This is a great travel food bring for pot luck or to a picnic.
- 1 ready-made pie crust
- 2 ounces chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 small hot pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can lump crabmeat
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper (to season)
- In a deep pie dish place crust.
- Fry chorizo, onions, peppers and garlic 5 minutes.
- Add cream, old bay, pepper and salt, parsley to eggs.
- Place chorizo mixture into pie crust then sprinkle crab over chorizos, layer on the cheeses, pour on the egg mixture poke with a fork to get the egg mixture into the filling.
- Bake 425 degrees for 15 minutes then 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Very tasty indeed! DH and I really enjoyed this. I added a tad more Choriza (3oz.+), I will add more next time. I also used 6 eggs & jalapeno pepper for the "hot" pepper cuz I wasn't sure what kind of pepper that might be and it's what I had on hand. The crab meat was delicate and delightful! I made Aunt Jennie's Pie Crust (With Oil), for the first time, and was very happy with the outcome. Also Old Bay Seasoning #2. Top notch recipe, thanks a bunch Rita!
Very tasty. I used a mixture of swiss,monterey jack,and colby cheeses in place of cheddar and mozzarella. Will make again.
This was just so tasty, really great. I made my own crust for the Quiche (cheats method with rolled pastry, but did bake it) and where I thought I had a tin of crabmeat I found that it was prawns, used them and it turned out perfect. Got a chance to use the Old Bay Seasoning that was sent to me as well. Thanks Rita for a lovely recipe and it is one I will definately do again.