1/1 Photo of Chorizo-Crab Stuffed Calamari
Cavegirl Cuisine's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lemon
- 10 calamari, tubes
- 1/4 lb loose chorizo sausage (or casings removed for links)
- 1/3 cup crabmeat
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon almond meal or 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 10 toothpicks
- avocodo oil or preferred oil
- 1 1/2 cups canned organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- salt and pepper
- 1Juice one lemon in a small bowl. Place calamari tubes in the lemon juice.
- 2In a separate medium bowl, combine chorizo, crabmeat, egg, almond meal, pinch of salt and shallot until blended. Place mixture in a plastic storage bag and cut off a corner. Pipe mixture into the calamari tubes. Seal off the ends of the calamari using toothpicks.
- 3Heat a grilling pan (or grill) on medium-high heat. Brush the stuffed tubes with preferred oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook for approximately 7-8 minutes on each side until the internal temperature reaches at least 160 degrees.
- 5While this is cooking, place crushed tomatoes and raw honey in a small saucepan. Add a pinch of salt if desired. Stir and heat on medium until warm.
- 6Spoon tomato mixture on a plate. Remove toothpicks from calamari and arrange on the plate.
- 7Garnish with optional herbs.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo-Crab Stuffed Calamari
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.5
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 142.9 mg
- Sodium 816.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: