1 hr 10 mins
Kathy in Fla's Note:
This is a BH&G recipes. Was a $200 winner. My cousins wife made if for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit. Hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 425.24-453.59 g uncooked chorizo sausage
- 118.29 ml butter
- 2 large onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 large granny smith apples, cored and chopped (2 cups)
- 177.44 ml chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g package corn bread stuffing mix
- 236.59 ml dry-roasted salted pistachio nut
- 177.44 ml dried cranberries
- 396.89 g can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease twelve 8- to 10-ounce casseroles or a 13x9x2-inch baking pan or dish; set aside.
- 2In a large skillet cook sausage 10 to 15 minutes until cooked through, stirring to break up sausage; drain off fat. Transfer sausage to bowl, set aside. Carefully wipe out skillet.
- 3Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add onions, apples, celery, and garlic. Cook in hot butter 10 to 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add apples, cook and stir 2 minutes. Add vegetable mixture, stuffing mix, nuts, and cranberries to sausage in bowl; toss to combine.
- 5In medium bowl combine broth and eggs; add to sausage mixture. Toss to combine. (For moister stuffing, add 1/2 cup water.)
- 6Transfer to prepared dish or pan. Cover, bake 20 minutes for individual casseroles (35 minutes for large). Uncover, bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until heated through (165F) and top is lightly browned.
- 7Makes 12 servings.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Cornbread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (2517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5811.3
- Calories from Fat 3056
- Total Fat 339.5 g
- Saturated Fat 134.3 g
- Cholesterol 995.4 mg
- Sodium 12797.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 496.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 47.8 g
- Sugars 111.4 g
- Protein 204.7 g