Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a BH&G recipes. Was a $200 winner. My cousins wife made if for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit. Hope you like it!
- 15 -16 ounces uncooked chorizo sausage
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 large onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 large granny smith apples, cored and chopped (2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) packagecorn bread stuffing mix
- 1 cup dry-roasted salted pistachio nut
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease twelve 8- to 10-ounce casseroles or a 13x9x2-inch baking pan or dish; set aside.
- In a large skillet cook sausage 10 to 15 minutes until cooked through, stirring to break up sausage; drain off fat. Transfer sausage to bowl, set aside. Carefully wipe out skillet.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add onions, apples, celery, and garlic. Cook in hot butter 10 to 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add apples, cook and stir 2 minutes. Add vegetable mixture, stuffing mix, nuts, and cranberries to sausage in bowl; toss to combine.
- In medium bowl combine broth and eggs; add to sausage mixture. Toss to combine. (For moister stuffing, add 1/2 cup water.)
- Transfer to prepared dish or pan. Cover, bake 20 minutes for individual casseroles (35 minutes for large). Uncover, bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until heated through (165F) and top is lightly browned.
- Makes 12 servings.
We absolutely loved this recipe! Made exactly as directed to go with some smoked pork tenderloin. I will definitely make again!