Recipe by Meghan
A very quick and easy meal. Great for those who are "culinarily challenged" and want to still throw together something tasty for guests. Spice can be adjusted to taste.
Top Review by Misawa Mandi
I've made this multiple times, but obviously forgot to rate it until now. This is a delicious dish. My husband says it is one of his favorite dishes I make. We are able to stretch this to feed our family of 5. Yum!
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, taken out of casings
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chorizo, onions, garlic and jalapeno in skillet and sautee over medium heat, breaking up chorizo. Cook for 7-10 minutes until meat is cooked.
- Remove from heat, mix in green onions and cilantro.
- Place tortilla shells between two moist paper towels and microwave for 50 seconds.
- Top with sour cream, lettuce, salsa, cheese. or whatever else you like to top with. If entertaining, serve toppings buffet style and allow guests to make their own tacos.