Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very quick and easy meal. Great for those who are "culinarily challenged" and want to still throw together something tasty for guests. Spice can be adjusted to taste.
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, taken out of casings
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine chorizo, onions, garlic and jalapeno in skillet and sautee over medium heat, breaking up chorizo. Cook for 7-10 minutes until meat is cooked.
- Remove from heat, mix in green onions and cilantro.
- Place tortilla shells between two moist paper towels and microwave for 50 seconds.
- Top with sour cream, lettuce, salsa, cheese. or whatever else you like to top with. If entertaining, serve toppings buffet style and allow guests to make their own tacos.
I've made this multiple times, but obviously forgot to rate it until now. This is a delicious dish. My husband says it is one of his favorite dishes I make. We are able to stretch this to feed our family of 5. Yum!
my family and guest absolutely loved this dish!! When I had made it, I desided to give it the little flare you sugested and put it out on the counter buffet style it was a real hit! All of the people at my house late night told me to tell the one who gave me the recipe their thanks and because of this recipe my dinner party last night is going to be the first of many! THANK YOU!