1/1 Photo of Chorizo-Chile Burger With Pickled Onions and Poblano-Avocado Spr
From: BH&G July 2012 Recipes Stand Time: 30 mins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 poblano pepper, fresh
- 1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juice of (4 Tbsp.)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage, uncooked
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1Poblano-Avocado Spread.
- 2Hold poblano pepper with tongs over gas flame of burner or broil until charred on all sides. (Or place pepper on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until skin is bubbly and browned.) Wrap in foil and lets stand for 20 to 30 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- 3When cooled slip off blackened skin, twist off stem, and scoop out seeds and discard.
- 4Coarsely chop and transfer to small bowl.
- 5Add half of the avocado and coarsely mash with a fork.
- 6Slice the remaining half of the avocado and add to the bowl.
- 7Stir in lime juice, cilantro and mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt.
- 8Refrigerate until time to assemble burgers.
- 9Pickled Onions.
- 10In medium saucepan of boiling water, heat onion slices 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl of ice water to cool. Drain.
- 11In second bowl combine cooled onions, lime juice, vinegar, cumin, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 12Chorizo-Chile Burger.
- 13In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook chorizo about 5 minutes, until slightly browned and becoming crisp, breaking up meat with a spatula. Remove from heat.
- 14Spread on plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- 15Start charcoal fire or preheat gas grill for direct cooking.
- 16In bowl combined cooled chorizo with ground beef.
- 17Form into six 3/4-inch thick patties.
- 18Indent center of each patty.
- 19Grill over medium heat, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes, until done (160 degrees F), turning once midway through grilling time.
- 20Spread Poblano -Avocado Spread on buns.
- 21Layer patties and pickled onions on buns. Makes 6 burgers.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo-Chile Burger With Pickled Onions and Poblano-Avocado Spr
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.9
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 631.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 29.8 g