Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Cut the potatoes into chunks and boil.
- Finely chop the shallot and 175g of chorizo.
- Chop the semi-cured chorizo into chunks and half the cherry tomatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Make a deep cut in the side of each chicken breast to create a pocket.
- Fry shallot over a medium heat for 1–2 minutes until just softened, then set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the shallot, chorizo, parsley and lemon zest and black pepper.
- Fill each chicken breast with the mixture and season the outside.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan over a high heat and fry each breast for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden-brown.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 15–18 minutes, or until cooked through (the juices should run clear when pierced).
- Remove the chicken and set aside on a warm plate.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, fry the chorizo chunks over medium heat for 2–3 minutes until the oil comes out of the chorizo.
- Add the potatoes and fry for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat and fry the spinach until just wilted and season.
- To serve, place a bed of spinach on the plate, carve the chicken diagonally into three pieces and place on top of the spinach. Spoon the chorizo and potatoes onto the plate and drizzle with the juice form the chorizo pan.