Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, partially drained
- Heat a large pot over high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- When you see a ripple in the oil, add in the sliced chorizo; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- Add in the chicken; season with salt, pepper, and cumin; brown chicken on all sides for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the reserved chorizo, onion, garlic, bell pepper, and celery; cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in sherry vinegar; stir; then add the chicken stock, diced tomatoes, and chickpeas; bring to a simmer, turn heat down to med-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
I made this warming stoup for dinner for my aunt and myself tonight. It was incredibly easy to make and was chock full of good ingredients! I would say this is a 4-star recipe without, but a 5-star recipe with, the addition of shredded cheddar cheese to top the stoup. The sharpness of the cheddar added a little extra something to what was otherwise missing in the flavor. It only took me about 10 minutes to chop everything up--the rest of the time was just adding the ingredients and stirring. This was perfect for a weeknight meal. Thanks!