Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This all came about because my Sister Introduced me to a locally made Chorizo from a mercado (market) in the barrio across the river. I started useing it in every recipe I could think of. Then I started inventing recipes I could use this wonderful chorizo in. This is my first "new" recipe. It turned out pretty good, all false modesty aside. The times are, of course, a guess.
- 1⁄2 lb rotini pasta, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chorizo sausages, skin removed
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned,deboned,cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded,devained,chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream or 1 1⁄2 cups yogurt cheese (Toby Jermain #66860)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, un-diluted
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 egg, beaten into the milk
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat frying pan over med-high heat.
- Brown and crumble Chorizo.
- Set aside.
- Brown Chicken.
- Set aside.
- Saute (stir fry) Onion, Bell Pepper, and Celery'til Onions are translucent.
- Combine Rotini, Chorizo, Chicken, Onion mixture, Sour Cream/Yogurt Cheese, Cream of Chicken Soup, and Milk-Egg mixture.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into un-greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- (If you wish to freeze for later use, cool, divide into serving sized portions in sandwich size ziplock freezer bags at this time. To serve, thaw, add Parmesan, heat).
- To serve immediately, cover with Parmesan.
- Bake another 10 minutes.
- Let rest 20 minutes before serving.