1/2 Photos of Chorizo & Chicken Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
Pierre Dance's Note:
This all came about because my Sister Introduced me to a locally made Chorizo from a mercado (market) in the barrio across the river. I started useing it in every recipe I could think of. Then I started inventing recipes I could use this wonderful chorizo in. This is my first "new" recipe. It turned out pretty good, all false modesty aside. The times are, of course, a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb rotini pasta, cooked
- 1 1/2 lbs chorizo sausages, skin removed
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned,deboned,cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded,devained,chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream or 1 1/2 cups yogurt cheese (Toby Jermain #66860)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, un-diluted
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 egg, beaten into the milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Heat frying pan over med-high heat.
- 3Brown and crumble Chorizo.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Brown Chicken.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Saute (stir fry) Onion, Bell Pepper, and Celery'til Onions are translucent.
- 9Combine Rotini, Chorizo, Chicken, Onion mixture, Sour Cream/Yogurt Cheese, Cream of Chicken Soup, and Milk-Egg mixture.
- 10Mix well.
- 11Spoon into un-greased casserole dish.
- 12Bake for 25 minutes.
- 13(If you wish to freeze for later use, cool, divide into serving sized portions in sandwich size ziplock freezer bags at this time. To serve, thaw, add Parmesan, heat).
- 14To serve immediately, cover with Parmesan.
- 15Bake another 10 minutes.
- 16Let rest 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo & Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1634.4
- Calories from Fat 1097
- Total Fat 121.9 g
- Saturated Fat 48.4 g
- Cholesterol 342.5 mg
- Sodium 3550.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 83.1 g