Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spicy Southwestern inspired take on your typical stuffed mushroom. Can be an appetizer or even a main dish for a light supper.
- 12 ounces portabella mushroom caps (about 6 caps)
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, loose (I use Mexican Chorizo doubled)
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ounce green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- Mix together the chorizo, green onions, and cheddar cheese.
- Stuff mushroom caps with the mixture evenly, place in a greased baking dish with the red wine.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and mushrooms are softened.
Really good! Like another reviewer, I used vegetarian chorizo and omitted the red wine (just baked them with some non-stick cooking spray). I will be making these again!
used vegetarian chorizo and soy sauce instead of red wine. still good. thanks
Very good. My gf and I love chorizo, so I was expanding ways to prepare it. The red wine was a great way to cook it, made the kitchen smell great and gave it more flavor/juice than just using a non-stick spray.