The secret ingredient is cured chorizo (Spanish chorizo), not the fresh chorizo. Recipe by Jamie Purviance for Weber Grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 lbs ground chuck (80% lean)
- 6 ounces cured chorizo sausage, finely chopped (not fresh)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400° to 500°F).
- 2In a small bowl whisk the sauce ingredients.
- 3In a medium bowl gently mix the patty ingredients. With wet hands, form four patties of equal size, each about 3/4 inch thick. Don’t compact the meat too much or the patties will be tough. With your thumb or the back of a spoon, make a shallow indentation about 1 inch wide in the center of each patty. This will help the patties cook evenly and prevent them from puffing on the grill. Brush the tomato slices on both sides with the oil.
- 4Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the patties over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until they are cooked to medium doneness, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once when the patties release easily from the grate without sticking. During the last 4 minutes of grilling time, grill the tomato slices over direct medium-high heat until warmed through and tender, turning once. During the last minute of grilling time, place a slice of cheese on each patty to melt and toast the buns, cut side down, over direct heat. Build each burger on a toasted bun with a patty, lettuce, grilled tomato, and sauce. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Burgers With Grilled Tomato and Cheddar
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.6
- Calories from Fat 491
- Total Fat 54.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 142.9 mg
- Sodium 1657.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 39.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sharp cheddar cheese