Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A good hearty breakfast from Dairy Farmers of Oregon.
- 1 lb fresh chorizo sausage
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Cook the chorizo in a skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until done (about 10 minutes); drain and remove.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper strips and saute until vegetables soften.
- Return chorizo to pan. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and heat.
- Add the eggs beaten with the salt. As eggs begin to set at bottom and sides, gently lift cooked portions with a spatula so uncooked portion can flow to bottom. Avoid constant stirring. Cook until eggs are thickened throughout, but still moist (about 5 minutes).
- Spoon even amounts of sausage and egg mixture onto each of the tortillas; top each with 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Top with guacamole and salsa. Wrap and serve.