Recipe by DailyInspiration
This recipe is taken from the Southern Living All-Time Favorites Magazine. The recipe also includes a Cilantro Pesto which is used inside the quesadillo and as a dipping sauce. Can't wait to try this dish!
Top Review by nochlo
Made for PRMR! My wife and I loved these. The kids did not enjoy... It has a flavor my kids didn't even want so I would use the suggestion to make these for a bit older crowd. My oldest is 7. The cilantro made these great! Thanks for this recipe, we will be doing again.
- 4 chorizo sausage links, chopped (4-inch each)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro pesto sauce (see below)
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inch size)
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 bunches fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until browned. Add black beans, corn and cumin and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 - 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Spread cilantro pesto evenly on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese . Spoon chorizo mixture on half of each tortilla. Wipe skillet clean.
- Cook, tortilla side down, in a lightly greased skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute or until lightly browned. Fold tortilla in half over filling. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve immediately with remaining pesto.
- Pesto Sauce: Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth; stopping to scrape down sides. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.