Recipe by Pinay0618
I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website. We don't care at all for Minute Rice, so I substituted cooked long grain rice.
- 340.19 g bulk chorizo sausage
- 510.29 g canprogresso recipe starters creamy portabella mushroom cooking sauce
- 538.64 g canprogresso red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 354.88 ml uncooked instant rice
- 118.29 ml sliced green onion (8 medium)
- crumbled Cotija cheese
- cilantro leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up sausage with spoon, until thoroughly cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- Stir in cooking sauce, 1/2 cup water and the beans; heat to boiling. Stir in rice and green onions; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 to 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.