1/1 Photo of Chorizo Bake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn kernels, drained (or 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- 2In skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- 3Meanwhile, in bowl, beat together cream cheese, cornmeal and sugar until smooth.
- 4Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- 5Stir in corn, 1 cup of the cheese, onions, jalapeno pepper, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 6Pour half of the egg mixture into greased 8-cup (2 L) casserole.
- 7Cover with three-quarters of the sausage.
- 8Pour remaining egg mixture over top.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining sausage and cheese.
- 10Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until light golden and set.
- 11Let cool for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Portuguese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo Bake
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 822.2
- Calories from Fat 507
- Total Fat 56.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 327.3 mg
- Sodium 1474.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 37.3 g