Recipe by Joia'sKitchen
I just love chorizo and I have been experimenting with different recipes. My husband and I love this recipe so I had to post it so others can enjoy.
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a skillet, cook sausage with onions over medium heat. Pour off excess oil.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat together cream cheese, cornmeal and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Stir in corn, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, jalapeño peppers, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into greased casserole dish. Cover with 3/4 of the sausage and onion mixture. Pour remaining egg mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining sausage and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until light golden and set.