This recipe is from Vista Verde Guest Ranch, Steamboat Springs, CO. Makes a nice hearty breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 12-inch flour tortillas
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage, cooked,crumbled and drained
- salt and pepper
- 8 tablespoons shredded white cheddar cheese
- sour cream
Black Bean Salsa
- 1For Black Bean Salsa: In a bowl, add all salsa ingredients and stir to mix.
- 2Let rest 30 minutes so that flavors can blend.
- 3Store covered in the refrigerator.
- 4For Burritos: Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in 350 degree oven for about 2 minutes.
- 5In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 6Scramble eggs until desired degree of doneness; remove skillet from heat.
- 7Add sausage, salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
- 8Spoon 1/4 of the egg-sausage mixture into the center of the tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- 9Roll tortilla up burrito style; repeat process with remaining tortillas.
- 10Serve warm with black bean salsa and sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo and White Cheddar Breakfast Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 903.1
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 497.8 mg
- Sodium 1712.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 42.9 g