Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This recipe is from Vista Verde Guest Ranch, Steamboat Springs, CO. Makes a nice hearty breakfast.
Top Review by PixieDust
I made these for my teen-age sons, who love breakfast burritos. We thought the spiciness of the chorizo sausage was very good. I liked that this was so easy to make. Hearty and 1/2 burrito filled me up. Thank-up for a recipe I will use often.
- 4 12-inch flour tortillas
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, cooked,crumbled and drained
- salt and pepper
- 8 tablespoons shredded white cheddar cheese
- sour cream
Black Bean Salsa
- 2⁄3 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2⁄3 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons spicy hot V8
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For Black Bean Salsa: In a bowl, add all salsa ingredients and stir to mix.
- Let rest 30 minutes so that flavors can blend.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
- For Burritos: Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in 350 degree oven for about 2 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Scramble eggs until desired degree of doneness; remove skillet from heat.
- Add sausage, salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
- Spoon 1/4 of the egg-sausage mixture into the center of the tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Roll tortilla up burrito style; repeat process with remaining tortillas.
- Serve warm with black bean salsa and sour cream if desired.