Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a Bon Appetit recipe for rich creamy smokey Chorizo and Bean Stew that tastes like something from a Spanish restaurant. Great with crusty bread to sop up the wonderful juices from the bottom of the dish. I used Turkey Chorizo sausage from Whole Foods, but you can use Italian sausage links. Use the smoked paprika if you can, it adds amazing flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, fresh mexican
- 1 onion, large, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- thyme, 1 sprig, I used a 1/4 teaspoon of dried Thyme
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach, about 10 cups
- smoked paprika (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage(whole) and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and through, 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer sausage to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet.
- Add onion, garlic and thyme sprig.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until onion is softened 5-8 minutes.
- Add beans and broth and cook, crush some beans with the back of a spoon to thicken the the sauce.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach by handfuls and cook until just wilted about 2 minutes.
- Slice chorizo and fold into stew;add water to thin, if desired.
- Divide stew among bowls.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.