This one is so very, very good! The smoky guacamole is a MUST; it just won't taste the same without the chipotle. I got the recipe from my sister, who got it from someone at the Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ripe Hass avocadoes
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 -3 pinches salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage, sliced thin on an angle
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, cracked away from skin and crushed
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1Cut avocados all the way around with a sharp knife. Scoop out the pit, then spoon avocado flesh away from skin into a food processor.
- 2Add the juice of 1 lime, a couple of pinches salt, sour cream and chipotles in adobo. Pulse guacamole until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- 3Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Brown chorizo 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from pan. Add oil, garlic, then shrimp. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and cook shrimp until pink, 2 or 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- 4Add a drizzle of oil to the pan and a large tortilla. Cook tortilla 30 seconds, then turn. Cover 1/2 of the tortilla with a couple of handfuls of cheese. Arrange a layer of chorizo and shrimp over the cheese and fold tortilla over. Press down gently with a spatula and cook tortilla a minute or so on each side to melt cheese and crisp. Remove quesadilla to large cutting board and repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut each quesadilla into 5 wedges and transfer to plates with your spatula. Top wedges of quesadillas with liberal amounts of smoky guacamole.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo and Shrimp Quesadillas With Smoky Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 926.7
- Calories from Fat 561
- Total Fat 62.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 142.5 mg
- Sodium 1789.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 39.9 g