Recipe by Annacia
These breakfast tacos are only as spicy as the chorizo and salsa that you choose but they definitely pack flavor.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
A busy Saturday morning in early February promised to be sunny, but very, very busy. I had chosen this recipe from *PRMR* and I was so glad I did. Not only was this easy, with all ingredients on hand....I was able to whip this right up and feed all the hungry friends we had gathered around the breakfast table. I followed this exactly~although I used yellow cheddar cheese instead of white. I had never just put the tortilla *right on* the stove burner. What a glorious idea! That warmed and charred the tortilla perfectly as well as completely melting the cheese into gooey goodness. I also added a bit of green onion to the top of the cheese while it was melting and this kinda of all melted together to the best tasting tortilla I have ever had! This is a wonderful change to the same old egg wrap, one that promises to make our table quite often. Thank you so much Annacia!
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 cup grated extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 7 ounces fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed if necessary
- 4 green onions, sliced
- sour cream (optional)
- hot sauce (optional) or salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush large nonstick skillet with olive or vegetable oil. Char tortillas over gas flame or directly on electric burner until blackened in spots, turning with tongs. Arrange tortillas in single layer in skillet. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/4 cup grated cheese and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons cilantro in medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté chorizo sausage in heavy medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Add green onions and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add egg mixture and stir until very softly set, about 1 minute.
- Remove egg mixture from heat.
- Cook tortillas in skillet over high heat until beginning to crisp on bottom, but still soft and pliable, about 1 minute. Divide egg mixture among tortillas and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro. Fold each tortilla in half.
- Serve with sour cream and hot sauce, if desired.