Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Chorizo and Potato Taquitos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 baking potato, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for frying
- 7 ounces mexican chorizo sausage, casings discarded (about 2 links)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 habanero pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 18 corn tortillas
- In a saucepan, add the potato and enough salted water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook until just tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking it up, until browned, about 3 minutes; mash into the potatoes. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet along with the onion, tomato, roasted pepper and chile; season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Stir into the potato mixture along with the cheese and cilantro.
- Fill a large, deep skillet with enough oil to reach a depth of 3/4 inch and heat over medium-high heat. Microwave the tortillas in a sealed plastic bag for 25 seconds. Roll up 2 tablespoons of the potato mixture in each tortilla. Add to the oil seam side down; repeat until the pan is full. Fry, turning once, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes; drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.