Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
A lovely hearty casserole - its winter comfort food at its best. Its got a great flavour and the Chorizo and the chilli gives is enough of a zing but I always put out some cayenne for those that like it that bit hotter - I served it with mashed potatoes and vegetables but it would also be great with rice! I have put this here on Food.com as having made it as I went along I will never remember what I put in it.
- 500 g pork, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour, plain
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 red onion, large, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 red chili, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic, crushed
- 150 g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika, smoked (or more)
- 300 g tomatoes, tinned, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup wine, white
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- Put the flour into a plastic bag and add the pork ( dividing into two lots is better) shake in bag and take out the meat shaking off any extra flour.
- Heat most of the oil in a large skillet on medium to high adding the meat and seal then place the meat in a casserole dish.
- Add the remaining oil and cook the onion, garlic, celery and capsicum, chilli and the chorizo a for a few minutes until it starts to get soft then add the paprika, tomatoes, wine and the chicken stock. simmer for a minute or two, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add to the pork and either cook in a moderate oven for 1 1/2 hours or in your microwave, starting on high for 2-3 minutes then set on simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables - or with rice.