Recipe by Xexe
this is an extra large batch,freeze the left-overs for a quick diner or a quick snack.
Top Review by cooking with love
My DD left the freezer door open and defrosted some of my meat. I had both chorizo and pork in the pile to cook. So I was glad to find a recipe with both. These were tasty. Greasy but I drained all of that off in the grill. I had to use beef broth and only used 1 tsp of dried thyme. But they still had a great flavor. Some of the bacon was not really cooked through so I may omit it next time or partially cook it first. Thank you.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, casings remove and cumbled
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 14 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix Pork, Chorizo, Bacon, Broth, Onions, and Spices until mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Form into about 14 patties, ¾ thick.
- Place patties on a barbecue grill over medium heat; cover barbecue and open vents.
- Cook patties until firm when pressed and no longer pink in the center, turning once, about 12 minutes.
- When patties are almost done, lay rolls, cut side down, on grill and toast until golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve with A1 and other burger fixings.