Recipe by gailanng
Nachos made with chorizo and manchego. You'll be ruined for life. From: http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Nachos-Guacamole-Salsas-Cocktails
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 2 avocados, halved lengthwise, pitted, flesh scooped out
- 2 pickled serranos pepper, 1 diced and 1 sliced (can sub jalapenos as desired)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 7 ounces tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 lb manchego cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil, then add 2 of the diced garlic cloves and the onion.
- When the garlic and onion become translucent, add the chorizo, breaking it up as it browns.
- In a separate bowl, mash the avocados with 1 clove of the garlic, the diced Serrano, lime juice and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler to 500°F.
- Layer the tortilla chips in a 9 x 13-inch roasting pan.
- Evenly distribute the chorizo over the chips followed by the shredded cheese.
- Add the sliced Serrano peppers on top.
- Place the chips under the broiler and broil for 8 minutes.
- Add the guacamole and serve.