1/5 Photos of Chorizo and Manchego Cheese Quesadillas
Rumor has it that the second Zaar World Tour is starting soon and I'm quickly trying to post recipes in preparation for the next international eat-a-thon (Hee hee). Not sure if you would consider this more Spanish or Mexican. For those not familiar, Manchego cheese is a golden sheep's milk cheese native to Spain which comes in three forms based on aging. For this recipe, the two younger varieties would work best. Be sure to use a cured (not fresh) chorizo. You can make these using full sized tortillas or on tiny ones for a delicious appetizer. (10/18: I have updated the directions to make this a bit clearer.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To prepare the onions, lightly brush them with the teaspoon of olive oil. Cook on a grill pan or indoor grill for one or two minutes until the onions have started getting a little soft and have a few grill marks. Remove from grill and break slices into rings.
- 2To prepare the chorizo, place a skillet over medium high heat until hot, not smoking. Add the chorizo and cook about 1 minute on each side. Drain the sausage on a paper towel to remove the excess grease.
- 3To assemble the quesadilla, start the tortilla that will become the bottom. Top with a tenth of the cheese. Sprinkle with 1/5 of the onions, then the sausage. Cover that with another tenth of the cheese and top with another tortilla.
- 4Repeat step 3 with the next 8 tortilla to assemble a total of 5 quesadillas.
- 5To cook the quesadillas, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Brush lightly with some of the tablespoon of olive oil. Place quesadilla in the pan and cook for 2 or three minutes until bottom tortilla is browned and the cheese on bottom has melted and begun to dribble. Flip the quesadilla and continue to cook an additional 2 or three minutes.
- 6Remove quesadilla to plate, cover with clean cloth and place in oven while preparing the others. Before serving cut in halves or quarters.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo and Manchego Cheese Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1010.4
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 2151.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 32.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: