Recipe by Steve_G
Outstanding rib-sticking breakfast, lunch or dinner
Top Review by jackalope-eye
I prefer pork chorizo to beef, and the soft chorizo removed from its casing works best for scrambling. Some people cook the egg and sausage together, but I cook the chorizo before I add the egg just like this recipe suggests. To add texture I also fry up diced potato, and it isnt complete without cheese, sour cream and hot sauce. I make this for dinner all of the time, but when we camp, it's a must have for breakfast. Yummilicious.
- 1 lb fresh chorizo sausage, broken up
- 6 -8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 large flour tortillas, browned in a pan as needed
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- hot sauce (optional)
- chopped avocado (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry a chopped onion and chorizo (broken up)together until onion is tender and translucent.
- add 6 to 8 beaten eggs after everything is nice and brown.
- Keep'em moving until cooked.
- Serve it on a sour cream coated pan-grilled tortilla, add a bit of grated Monterrey jack and avocado (if desired).
- Serve with more sour cream and hot sauce.