Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Outstanding rib-sticking breakfast, lunch or dinner
- 1 lb fresh chorizo sausage, broken up
- 6 -8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 large flour tortillas, browned in a pan as needed
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- hot sauce (optional)
- chopped avocado (optional)
- Fry a chopped onion and chorizo (broken up)together until onion is tender and translucent.
- add 6 to 8 beaten eggs after everything is nice and brown.
- Keep'em moving until cooked.
- Serve it on a sour cream coated pan-grilled tortilla, add a bit of grated Monterrey jack and avocado (if desired).
- Serve with more sour cream and hot sauce.
Best breakfast . . . lunch . . . snack . . . dinner there is : )
Excellent, excellent. Not much in the pantry (must go shopping tonight) except some lovely chorizo from our local carnecera and some home-grown eggs and some marble cheese. I scraped the last of the sour cream out of the carton and thawed some tortillas. DH thought I'd planned this for dinner this evening! With a green salad, dinner couldn't have been easier. Thanks for posting Steve G.
We love wraps and this was a nice variation and a great twist on a breakfast meal or in our case a quick put together supper. We sliced whole sausage in half and browned and used whatever mixture of grated cheese on hand.