Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was taught to me by a Mexican-American friend of mine in Texas. She always made homemade tortillas. I'm not that ambitious but the results are still good.
- In small pan boil potatoes until soft. Time depends on the size of the dice. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, remove casings from chorizo. Cook over medium heat in a non stick skillet until browned. Drain. But do not wipe out skillet. You want a small amount of the fat to remain.
- Add cooked sausage back into pan. Stir in potatoes. Cook and stir for about one minute.
- Pour in beaten eggs. Stir. When eggs are almost done add cheese. Stir well. Cook until eggs are done and cheese is melted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas in microwave about 30 seconds until warm and soft.
- Divide the egg mixture into two portions and fill tortillas. Add salsa to taste. Roll up burrito style.
I absolutely loved this recipe!!! No need to change a thing! Thanks for posting Vicki!!
I've been making a similar version of this for years now. The kids and DH just love it. I think we will have them for dinner one night this week. Thanks for posting.
DH and I loved it. Actually, this or a similar version is served frequently in my home. The chorizo was from Turkey Chorizo. The potato was more on the medium size and the cheese was the pepper jack version. Since the sausage was made with turkey, it was lower in fat. The potato was diced and added to the sausage, a small amount of water was added and in less than 5 minutes both the sausage and potatoes were cooked through. The eggs were poured over all making this a quick one dish breakfast. Made for ZWTIII. Thanks Vicki!