1/1 Photo of Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Burritos
Vicki in CT's Note:
This was taught to me by a Mexican-American friend of mine in Texas. She always made homemade tortillas. I'm not that ambitious but the results are still good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small pan boil potatoes until soft. Time depends on the size of the dice. Drain and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, remove casings from chorizo. Cook over medium heat in a non stick skillet until browned. Drain. But do not wipe out skillet. You want a small amount of the fat to remain.
- 3Add cooked sausage back into pan. Stir in potatoes. Cook and stir for about one minute.
- 4Pour in beaten eggs. Stir. When eggs are almost done add cheese. Stir well. Cook until eggs are done and cheese is melted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Meanwhile, heat tortillas in microwave about 30 seconds until warm and soft.
- 6Divide the egg mixture into two portions and fill tortillas. Add salsa to taste. Roll up burrito style.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 971.3
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 392.2 mg
- Sodium 1692.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 43.1 g