a little twist on the traditional sausage and cornbread stuffing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1*** sausage used is chorizo hard or smoked diced up***.
- 2Cook the chorizo in a skillet over medium heat until the fat has been rendered, about 5 minutes.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- 4Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic to the chorizo and cook until the vegetables have carmelized, about 10 minutes.
- 5Add the crumbled corn bread, chicken stock, and cilantro.
- 6Make sure that the stuffing itself is not to dry but at the same time not to wet.
- 7Place the stuffing into a buttered casserole and bake in the oven until heated through and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo and Cornbread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.1
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 880.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: