Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
a little twist on the traditional sausage and cornbread stuffing.
Make and share this Chorizo and Cornbread Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- *** sausage used is chorizo hard or smoked diced up***.
- Cook the chorizo in a skillet over medium heat until the fat has been rendered, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic to the chorizo and cook until the vegetables have carmelized, about 10 minutes.
- Add the crumbled corn bread, chicken stock, and cilantro.
- Make sure that the stuffing itself is not to dry but at the same time not to wet.
- Place the stuffing into a buttered casserole and bake in the oven until heated through and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.