6 hrs 20 mins
chunky chicken cooked slowly in tomatoes sauce with fiery chorizo. the hotter the butter. serve with buttery mash or pasta. as with any casserole, this tastes better the next day... I have made this in both the oven and slow cooker and both are just as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic
- 3 slices smoked bacon, finely sliced
- 500 g chorizo sausage, fresh
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 onions, big chunks
- 2 carrots, big chunks
- 250 g baby onions
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon italian mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1Fry garlic with bacon and chicken on a high heat so that chicken is browned on both sides. No need to cook the meat completely.Place into slow cooker or oven proof casserole dish.
- 2Fry chorizo in same frying pan on high heat so the meat becomes slightly crispy. Place into slow cooker or oven proof casserole dish. Try to retain juices.
- 3In the original pan and juices, fry the carrot and onion on a high heat for a few minutes until starting to soften. Don't cook the vegetables completely.
- 4Add red wine OR chicken stock and boil, stirring vigoursly for a few minutes.
- 5Place into slow cooker or oven proof casserole dish with chicken/chorizo and the rest of ingredients and cook on low for 4-6 hours. this will depend on your slow cooker. If using the oven, use gas mark 2 for 4-6 hours.
- 6Take out and leave to stand for a couple of hours to allow the flavours and consistency to settle. re-heat and serve with mash. any leftover sauce can be scooped up with fresh buttered bread, especially when you've run out of mash.
Browse Our Top 3 Steps Or Less Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All 3 Steps Or Less Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo and Chicken Casserole - Oven or Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.6
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 138.1 mg
- Sodium 976.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 35.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: